Is Pool Maintenance Difficult?
A common misconception about getting a new pool built is that the pool maintenance will take up a lot of your time. But this isn’t true! The key is consistency. By being consistent and having the right equipment, you don’t need to invest much time at all to keep you swimming pool clean year round.
I often tell clients if they spend 10 minutes a week on regular pool maintenance – that’s pretty much all they will need to do on a continuous basis.
What do I need to do every week?
The 10 minutes can be broken up into:
- Emptying and checking skimmer and pump baskets
- Skimming large leaf matter and debris off of the pool surface
- Checking the dosing equipment
- Adding salt and replacing the acid drum if required
- Dropping the robotic pool cleaner into the pool
- Back-washing the filter
If you commit to a measly 10 minutes every week, you will have absolutely no problem keeping your pool clean. And most importantly, you will be free to enjoy anytime you want!
For more information on pool cleanliness and things to watch out for, visit Better Health Channel.